Car seat, diapers, crib, clothes, blankets, baby tub… and the list goes on. There are so many things to gather before baby comes; to stay within budget is a feat. I am extremely grateful to say I knocked a few items off my “to buy” list without having to spend a penny. It turns out my mother-in-law had kept a few baby things from her baby raising days. This means I don’t need to buy a crib, crib mattress, high chair, or cradle. This also means that baby will get to sleep in the same crib as Husband slept in, wow!
If I received anything from marrying Husband it’s been a rich family heritage. His family is a family of keeping traditions, sharing stories, passing on their legacy, and big celebrations. Birthdays, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are all festive events filled with merriment and celebrating. Particularly, the month of December is an exciting time to be a part of Husband’s family, there are: special Advent Sunday suppers, cookie decorating, ornament hanging, a candlelight dinner with the fine china, a day long present opening celebration, ice skating, and a tamale feast! It’s been a blast joining in all the traditions they keep. I hope to pass on some of this rich family heritage to baby and his siblings. Who knows, maybe Baby’s children will sleep in this very same crib.
- Baby movement: At night he moves around and I can feel it! I often wake up to pains.
- Acne: Much more than normal. What happened to the promises of glowing pregnancy skin?
- Insomnia: I have had weird cases once or twice a week where I wake up after 4-5hrs and can’t sleep. I get up and do something for a few hours until I’m sleepy and then take a 2hr nap. Its nice to have the flexibility to do that with my work situation.
- Cracking Joints:The cracks and pops are just normal every day occurrences now.
Vivid Dreams: Every night, it always feels so real.
- Forgetful: If I don’t finish saying my thought immediately it will get lost within 30 seconds of me thinking it.
- Sore Feet: We have hardwood floors and I spend a lot of time standing on the hard kitchen floor. Lately, my feet have needed some extra padding.
What are some parts of your family heritage that you are grateful to receive?